Surf Coast Shire Civic Building
1 Merrijig Dr, Torquay VIC
Torquay, Victoria is known by surfers from across the globe as home to the iconic Bells Beach. It is also home to the multi-award winning Surf Coast Shire Civic Building.
Born out of a desire to reflect the local community’s environmental consciousness the Surf Coast Shire Civic Building has been awarded a 5-Star Green Star Office Design V3 rating by the Green Building Council of Australia.
The project was recognised at the 2012 Victorian NECA Awards for Excellence winning the Energy Efficiency and Environment category against some stiff competition.
The Surf Coast Shire Civic Building also received international acclaim at the 2012 KNX Awards held in Frankfurt where it was the recipient of an International Best Project Award. This award is recognition of the numerous energy saving features of the building, all managed by a KNX open protocol solution designed, delivered and optimised by mySmart.
- Type of Building: Civic Centre
- Developer: Surf Coast Shire Council
- Architect: Perrott Lyon Mathieson
- Builder: Cockram Constructions
- Electrical Consultant: Irwinconsult
- Electrical Contractor: ADJ Contracting
- Location: Torquay, Victoria, Australia
- 2012 KNX Awards: International Best Project Award (Africa, America, Australia) – Winner
- 2012 Victorian NECA Awards: NECA Excellence Awards – Winner